Paasi Paruppu – 1 Cup
Jaggery – 1 cup or according to your taste
Cashew Nut – 10 Nuts
Cardamom – 2
- Heat a vessel and roast paasi paruppu until the aroma comes from the dal. Keep a side and cool and wash it.
- Now add 4 cups of water and cook the dal.
- In another vessel heat a cup of water to three fourth cup of jageery. Heat till the jaggery dissolves. Strain it (Jaggery may have some impurities)
- Add jaggery water to the boiling dal and stir for few minutes (make the gas simmer).
- Make cardamom powder and add to the dal and jaggery mixture.
- Heat Ghee in a kadai and fry cashews until golden brown.
- Now add this along with little milk for more taste.
immm!!!!! Yummy Payasam Ready……..:-)