Methu Vada is a popular snack in South India. This can be had along with breakfast like Idli, Dosa or Pongal. And also can taken as snacks with coffee or tea in evening.
Urad Dal – 2 Cups
Chopped Onion – ¼ cup
Chopped Green Chilli – 3 or 4
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Black Pepper Corns – 1 tbs
Ginger – 1 inch
Salt to taste
- Take Urad dal in a vessel wash it and add add water to soak for 1 hours.
- Ground the dal without adding water. If the grinder is unable to grind just sprinkle some water and grind till you get a thick paste.
- To this dal batter, add chopped ginger, green chillies, onion, curry leaves,whole black peopper corns and salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Wet your palms and take batter into the palm & shape into balls and make a hole in the center using your thumb.
- Fry the vadas till golden brown and lay them out on a tray lined with kitchen tissue to absorb excess oil.
Serve hot with coconut chutney or sambhar.