Green Peas – 1 cup
Basumati Rice – 1 cup
Onion – 2 sliced
Tomato – 2
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Salt for taste
Jeera – 1 tsp
Bay Leaves – 1
Cardomom – 2
Cloves – 2
Cinnamom - 1
- Heat the pressure cooker with oil & little ghee. Add the given ingredients for seasoning.
- Now add coriander and mint leaves and saute for few mints.
- Add onion. Fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Next add tomato, ginger-garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes.
- Add coriander and chilli powder to the mixture.
- Now add peas, rice and water.
- Add required salt and mix well.
- Close the cooker and leave it for tow whistles and switch off the stove.
- Hot Peas Biriyani is ready.
Serve hot with onion raitha.
- For 1 cup of rice you have add 2 cups of water.
- Instead of water you can use coconut milk.