Manathakkali Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Appalam – 2 Nos
Mustard Seeds – ½ spoon
Venthayam Seeds – ½ spoon
Small Onions – 1 small cup
Garlic Cloves – 4 or 5
Tomato – 1
Tamarind – a small lemon size
Gingerly Oil – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Power – 2 tsp
- Heat oil and add mustard, venthayam, manathakkali seeds,garlic and fry for few minutes.
- Then add onion, tomato, splitted appalam and curry leaves and stir for few minutes.
- Add chilly and coriander powder and stir well.
- Now add tamarind water, salt and make to boil for few minutes.
- When the content gets thickened remove and little ghee [Optional]
Serve this with appalam, coconut thuvayal, carrort / cabbage/ beans/ egg poriyal.