Vazhaipoo - 1/2 of a big poo
Channa dhal - 1/2 cup (Soak for 2 - 3 hours)
Hing - a pinch
Jeera - 1/2 spoon
Onion - 2
Green Chillies - 1
Curry Leaves - 1 stalk (chopped)
Coriander Leaves - few (chopped)
Salt - To taste
Oil - for deep fry
- Peel the outerskin from the banana flower and remove the stamen and chop it into small pieces and put them in a bowl of buttermilk (this will maintain the colour of the flower without blackening)
- Grind the soaked channa dhal and red chillies to a coarse texture.
- To this grinded dhal add chopped onion, green chilles, curry leaves, coriander leaves, jeera, hing and salt and mix them nice.
- Now drain the water from vazhaipoo and mix it with the channa dhall mixture.
- Make tiny balls of the mixture and flatten them like vadas with hand.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and deep fry these vadas to golden brown.
- Drain it in the kitchen towel and serve hot with ketchep up.