This recipe will be different from ordinary moar kuzhambu. This is famous in Thanjavur side. Came to know through one of my friend and Just tried it this sunday and really it came very well. Lets start preparing this recipe..............
Pudalangai (Snake Gourd) - 1/4kg
Urad Dal - 2 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds - 1 tsp
Hing - 1/4 spoon
Green Chilli - 1
Red Chilli - 1
Grated Coconut - 3 tsp
Curd - 1 cup
Mustard - 1/2 spoon
Curry Leaves - Few
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt for taste
- Cut Pudalangai (Snake Gourd) into small piece and cook it with little water and salt.
- Heat a kadai with little oil and fry Urad dal, Fenugreek seeds, Green Chilli, Red Chilli and Hing and keep it aside.
- Add grated coconut to the above and grind it to a thick paste.
- Add little water to the curd and make it thin and keep aside.
- Now add the grinded paste to the cooked pudalangai and leave it for boiling.
- In this stage add thin curd and leave it for sometimes (Don't boil it).
- In a kadai add little oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and pour it to the moar kuzhambu.
Thanjavur Moar Kuzhambu is now ready to go with hot rice. This Kuzhambut will be good for even 2 days.
NOTE : You can use any vegetables like Potato, Pumpkin, Carrot, Beans etc.