I learnt this recipe in one website and wanna share it with you all.........this recipe is from southern part of India, especially from Mangalore. Adding grinded coconut and also the coconut milk the taste differs from usual chicken gravy.
Chicken - 750gm
Onion - 2
Tomato - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 spoon
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice - 1 spoon
Curry leaves - few
Coriander leaves - few
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Cumin Seeds - 1 tbsp
Pepper corns - 1 tbsp
Red chillies - 4
Coriander Seeds - 1tbsp
Jeera - 1 spoon
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - 2
Mace - 1
Bay Leaf - 1
- Marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder and lemon juice for about 15-20 mints.
- Heat a kadai and dry roast the grated coconut and keep aside.
- In the same pan add little water and fry cumin seeds, pepper seeds, red chilli and coriander seeds and add this to the fried coconut.
- Cut one onion and add it with the fried item and grind it to a thick paste.
- Heat a kadai and little oil add the items given in " To Seasoning".
- Then add chopped garlic followed by chopped onion and curry leaves.
- When onion becomes golden brown add tomatoes and leave until it becomes soft.
- Now add the marinated chicken and mix well for sometimes.
- To this add the grinded paste and mix well so that the paste will be coated to all the chicken pieces.
- Add required water and salt and cook the chicken well.
- Finally add Coconut milk to this and just heat it [Don't make it to boil].
- Add coriander leaves and serve hot.
This will go well with rice, chappati, poris and even for Idli, Dosass..............Try it and taste it.