Chicken – ½ kg
Onion – 2
Tomato – 2
Ginger+Garlic paste – 1 spoon
Turmeric powder – ½ spoon
Red Chilli powder – 1 spoon
Coriander powder – 1½ spoon
Coconut paster – 1½ tsp
Curry Leaves – Few
Coriander Leaves – Few
Fennel seeds – ½ spoon
Cinnamom Stick – Few
Cloves – 2
Bay leaves – 1
- Heat a kadai in a stove and add gingerly oil and make it hot.
- Then add the ingredients given in “To Temper”.
- After this add onions and little salt and fry until the onions become translucent.
- Then add tomatoes and make it very soft and merge with onions.
- In this stage add ginger garlic paste and fry until you get nice aroma of it.
- Add turmeric powder followed by red chilli and coriander powder to it and mix well.
- By this stage add the cleaned chicken to this and required salt and mix it well.
- Then add required water and make the chicken to cook for sometimes.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, now add the grinded coconut paste to it and give it a boil.
Finally add curry leaves and coriander leaves and serve it hot with Idli, dosa, idiyappam and even rice.