- Heat a kadai in a stove and add gingerly oil and make it hot.
- Then add the ingredients given in “To Temper”.
- After this add onions and little salt and fry until the onions become translucent.
- Then add tomatoes and make it very soft and merge with onions.
- In this stage add ginger garlic paste and fry until you get nice aroma of it.
- Add turmeric powder followed by red chilli and coriander powder to it and mix well.
- By this stage add the cleaned chicken to this and required salt and mix it well.
- Then add required water and make the chicken to cook for sometimes.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, now add the grinded coconut paste to it and give it a boil.
Friday, February 8, 2013
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Shallots – 6 to 7
Tomato – 1 (Optional)
Garlic Flakes – 3 to 4
Turmeric Powder – ½ spoon
Pepper Powder – 1 spoon
Cumin Powder – 1 Spoon
Ginger+Garlic Paste – 1 Spoon (Optional)
Curry Leaves – Few
Coriander Leaves - Few
Water – 4 cups
Salt – As per taste
- Crush Shallots and Garlic flakes a little and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add little oil and jeera seeds and made to crackle a little.
- Then add crushed shallot and garlic to this and fry for sometime.
- Add tomato and fry for sometimes.
- Followed this add cleaned chicken bone piece and sauté for sometime.
- Add pepper powder, Cumin powder, Turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Finally add curry and corander along with water and presuure cook it for two whistle.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Sleep is most important for maintenance of health and longevity for the human beings. It is appropriately called 'Jagaddhatri ' because of its mechanism of overcoming wear and tear of the body due to physical work and mental stress and tissue loss. Numerous researches have shown the adverse effects of lack of sleep on mind and body.
- One should sleep with head to the east or north.
- The bedroom should be absolutely clean, well ventilated and free from noise and disturbance.
- The bed must be neat clean and free from bugs.
- The bedroom should be draught free.
- One should avoid sleep when the brain is excited e.g. after reading, thinking, drinking etc.
- The mind must be as free from worldly affairs and worries as possible while going to bed.
- This may be achieved by praying to God at the time of going to bed.
- Sleeping late at night leads to ill health.
- A minimum of 7 hours sleep is required in 24 hours to repair the wear and tear of the body.
- Sleep during the day should be avoided as far as possible. However, if one keeps awake at night, he can take some sleep in the daytime. Day sleep is not contraindicated in summer but in winter the day sleep increases kapha thereby causing respiratory and digestive troubles.
- It is advisable to massage the head, soles and palms with oil before going to bed. By massage dreams can be controlled.
Lets follow the tips and have a very good peaceful sleepy nights............:-))
Thursday, September 30, 2010
- Garlic is known to have antiviral properties, which helps the body to fight against allergies.
- Garlic's antibacterial, analgies and anesthezing properties can help to cure toothaches.
- Garlic's antibacterial properties make it a wonderful treatment for coughs and other throat irritations. It may also reduce the severity of upper respiratory tract infections.
- Garlic is considered to regulate blood sugar levels, by increasing the release of insulin in diabetics.
- Garlic acts as a heart relaxant, garlic regulates the Cardiac rhythm, helping to avoid arrhythmia. This is beneficial for people that have accelerated heart rates and Cardiac arrhythmia.
- Garlic is powerful against tumor formation (including Cancer) due to its Sulfur and Selenium Content.
- Garlic can help cure tuberculosis.
- Garlic aids weak digestion because its stimulates the secretion of Gastric Juices.
- Garlic acts as a great lung decongestant helping to loosen the harmful (infection) secretion of bronchial tubes.
- Garlic may help improve your Iron metabolism. That's because the diallyl Sulfides in garlic can help increase production of a protein called Ferroportin. (Ferroportin is a protein that runs across the cell membrane, and it forms a passageway that allows stored Iron to leave the cells and become available where it is needed)
- One can also benefit from Garlic during Pregnancy. According to studies done by doctors in London hospital supplementation may help Weight-Gain for babies that may be at risk for low birth weight.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
- Soak the dry fish in hot water for 10 mints and remove the head and clean and wash it.
- Add turmeric powder to it and again wash the dry fish.
- Now marinate the dry fish with turmeric powder and chilli powder for 15-20 mints.
- Heat a pan with oil and fry this dry fish nicely (until it becomes deep brown)
- Drain the excess oil and serve hot.
Monday, June 21, 2010
Egg - 4 nos
Onion - 2
Tomato - 2
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Red Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
Coriander powder - 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Salt to taste
Jeera - 1 spoon
Cloves - 2
Bay Leaf - 1
Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Boil the eggs and remove the shells, slit it into two and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil add the ingredients in "For Tempering".
- Now add onion and fry until it becomes brown.
- Then add tomato and saute till nicely cooked.
- After this add ginger-garlic paste and fry for few mints.
- To this add salt, turmeric, chilli and coriander powder and saute for few mints.
- Now add the eggs and mix it well and heat it for few mints.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve hot.
Serve hot with rice, chappatis or pori's
Thick Buttermilk / Curd - 3 cups
Okra - 4 nos
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Rice - 1 tbsp
Channa Dal - 1 tbsp
Coriander Seeds - 1 tbsp
Toor Dal - 1 tbsp
Coconut grated - 4 tbsp
Green Chilli - 1 or 2
Salt to taste
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tbsp
Curry Leaves - few
Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
- Soak rice and the dals together for 15 - 20 mints.
- Blend green chilli with coconut and the soaked rice and dal to a smooth paste.
- Whisk the buttermilk / curd with turmeric powder and keep aside.
- Mix the grinded paste with the buttermilk and keep aside.
- Heat a pan add little oil and fry the cut okras with required salt.
- When the veggie is cooked nicely add the mixed buttermilk with little water and heat it for 4-5 mints.
- Season it with mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Don't allow this kuzhambu to boil.
- This dish cannot be re-heated on direct fire.
- You can prepare this without any veggies too.
- While grinding the soaked rice and dals you can add curd/buttermilk instead of ordinary water.