Mor Kuzhambu is one of a popular south Indian dish made out of buttermilk. It is very easy to make. It will take hardly 15-20 mints to prepare this tasty dish. It goes well with plain hot rice. Not only it is very tasty, it is also a healthy and nutritious diet. So, if you wanna have something light and less spicy try this Mor Kuzhambu. Here lets the method to prepare this recipe.
Thick Buttermilk / Curd - 3 cups
Okra - 4 nos
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Rice - 1 tbsp
Channa Dal - 1 tbsp
Coriander Seeds - 1 tbsp
Toor Dal - 1 tbsp
Coconut grated - 4 tbsp
Green Chilli - 1 or 2
Salt to taste
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tbsp
Curry Leaves - few
Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
- Soak rice and the dals together for 15 - 20 mints.
- Blend green chilli with coconut and the soaked rice and dal to a smooth paste.
- Whisk the buttermilk / curd with turmeric powder and keep aside.
- Mix the grinded paste with the buttermilk and keep aside.
- Heat a pan add little oil and fry the cut okras with required salt.
- When the veggie is cooked nicely add the mixed buttermilk with little water and heat it for 4-5 mints.
- Season it with mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Don't allow this kuzhambu to boil.
- This dish cannot be re-heated on direct fire.
- You can prepare this without any veggies too.
- While grinding the soaked rice and dals you can add curd/buttermilk instead of ordinary water.