Turmeric , known by the name of haldi in India, is a member of the ginger family.It is scienfically known by the name of 'Curcuma Longa' and has been accorded to impart a number of health benefits to its users. Turmeric is dried root that grows about 2 feet in length. The turmeric plant is about 3 feet long with funnel-shaped yellow flowers. Turmeric is bright yellow in color. Turmeric is an important spice in India having great religious significance. Turmeric extract has been known to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiseptic properties, mainly present in Curcumin - one of its active ingredients.
Here are few health benefits of turmeric.....
- It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
- Drinking boiled milk, with a little turmeric powder in it, helps in the Strengthening of bones.
- Termeric powder, when consumed regularly, helps improve blood circulation and also purifies blood.
- When combined with Cauliflower, it has shown to prevent Prostate Cancer and stop of existing Prostate Cancer.
- Turmeric powder, when mixed with cucumber lemon or juice, helps in the reduction of pigmentation.
- Prevented Breast Cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
- Turmeric extract is believed to cure liver problems as well as prevent bad cholesterol.
- It helps to reduce the risk of Childhood leukemia.
- Turmeric has been known to be helpful in treating Psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Turmeric powder aids the healing process and remodeling of damaged skin.
- Turmeric is said to be very good for digestion.
- Paste of turmeric and milk cream or turmeric and curd, when applied on stomach, helps in lightening of stretch marks.
- By applying a paste of turmeric, gram flour and milk cream is believed to help in giving a glow to the skin.