Hi friends, here comes an another way of preparing channa masala.....I learnt it from one of my friend. It taste different and good. Lets enter into the preparation.
White Channa - 1 cup [soaked overnight]
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 spoon
Chilli Powder - 1 spoon
Coriander Powder - 2 spoons
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 spoon
Curry Leaves - Few
Coriander Leaves - Few
Jeera - 1/2 spoon
Bay Leaf - 1
Pattai - 1 (Small)
Cloves - 2
Mace - 1
Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
Jeera - 1 spoon
- Pressure cook the soaked channa and keep it aside.
- Grind the grated coconut and jeera into thick paste and keep aside.
- Heat a pan, add oil to it and fry the spices given in " For Seasoning".
- Add onion to this and saute until it turns golden brown.
- To this add tomato and saute until it becomes soft.
- Then add Ginger - Garlic paste and saute until you get a good aroma.
- Now add all the curry leaves and masala powders to it with cooked channa and required salt.
- Mix it well so that the masala will be coated to the cooked channa nice and leave it for few mints.
- Now add the grinded coconut paste to this and mix it well for few mints until the gravy becomes thick.
- Finally add coriander leaves and serve.
Channa masala is now ready to go with chappatis, naan, parota and rice. Try and taste it.....:-)