Two bunches of any Keerai (Parupuu keera)
Tur Dhal - 1 cup
Onion – 1no
Tomato – 2 No.
Garlic cloves – 4 to 5 Nos.
Tamarind - Half a lime size
Mustard - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Salt for taste
Oil a little
- Pressure cook the Tur dhall along with keerai , Onion, Tomato & Garlic cloves.
- Add salt and Mash the cooked keerai and keep separatly.
- Squeeze in the extract of tamarind and boil it with the cooked keerai mixture for a minute.
- Heat oil in a kadai and temper it with mustard seeds.
- Now add Onion and Curry leaves and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Pour this in the keerai mixture and serve with hot rice and ghee.
Keerai masiyal is ready to taste.