Gram Flour - 1 cup
Rice Flour - 1/2 cup
Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Soda - a pinch (Optional)
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Mix Gram Flour, Rice Flour, Red Chilli powder and Salt with required water to make a thick batter and keep a side.
- Slice the vegetables (Except Bhajji Chillies) and keep a side.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Dip one slice plaintain/potato/ chilli/ onion into the prepared batter and slowly immerse it into the hot oil and deep fry till both the ends become golden brown.
- Place the hot bhajji in a plate with paper towel, to absorb excess oil.
Hot & Spicy Bhajji is ready now to taste with coconut chutney or onion chutney.
Note : I will not use soda as it is not good for health. Soda is used only to make bhajji buffy. Better we will avoid this.