Upma Ravai - 250 gms
Carrots - 1
Beans - 30 gms
Potato - 2
Peas - 50 gms
Onions - 2
Tomato - 2
Green chillies - 3
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - a pinch
Few Coriander Leaves
Few Curry Leaves
Salt & Water
Jeera - 1 spoon
Bay Leaf - 1
Cloves - 2
- Add little ghee in a kadai and fry rava until you get good aroma and then keep a side.
- Heat little oil and ghee in another pan and add jeera, Bay leaf and cloves.
- To this add onion and green chillies, curry leaves, turmeric powder and fry until they becomes soft.
- Then add tomatoes and when it becomes soft add ginger-garlic paste and fry for few mints.
- After this add cut vegetables peas and fry them well.
- Now add 2 cups of boiling water and make the vegetables to cook.
- Add required salt.
- Once the vegetables gets cooked add fried rava (little by little) to this mixture and keep stirring(To avoid lumbs).
- Close the vessel with a lid and let the water come to a boil .
- Keep stirring the upma and finally add little ghee to it.
- Finally add coriander leaves before you eat.
Tasty and colorful Veg-Rava Kichidi is ready to taste with coconut chutney.