I love to prepare any chicken dish as its a very favorite dish for my daughter.When we talk about chicken dishes, you can have plenty of varieties. Let’s see one by one in this blog. As to start with I am giving you a very simple method of preparing Chicken gravy. You can have this with rice, chappatis etc. Let enter into the preparation...
Chicken - 500g
Onion - 2
Tomato - 2
Green Chillies - 2
Ginger-Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 spoon
Curry Leaves - Few
Jeera - 1 spoon
Bay Leaves - 1
Cardomom - 2
Cloves - 2
Cinnamom - 2
Coconut - 1/2 cup (Ground this as a thick paste)
- Wash the chicken and marinate it with ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder and little salt and let it stay for 1/2 an hour.
- Heat oil in a kadai and the ingredients given in "For Tempering".
- Saute the onion, tomato, curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste one by one nicely.
- Now add the marinated chicken and fry for few mints.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and mix it well with little salt.
- Add 2 - 3 cups of water and cook until the chicken becomes soft.
- Now add pepper powder and coconut paste and mix well.
- Close this with a lid and cook until the gravy becomes thick.
- Add coriander leaves before you serve.
Spicy Chicken gravy is ready to taste with hot rice, chappatis, idlis and dosa's.