Prawn - 1/2 kg
Small Onion - 1 cup
Tomato - 2
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 spoon
Chilli Powder - 1 spoon
Coriander Powder - 2 spoon
Jeera - 1 spoon
Oil - 2 tsp
Curry Leaves - few
Salt for taste
- Clean and wash the prawns well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add jeera and fry.
- Add onions to this and fry till golden brown.
- Then add tomatoes and curry leaves and cook for few mints.
- Now we can add ginger-garlic paste and let it cook until you get a good aroma.
- To this add turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder one by one and saute for few seconds.
- Add cleaned prawns and mix well with 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low flame till the prawns becomes tender.
- Finally check for salt and garnish with coriander leaves finally.
Serve this prawn gravy with hot rice.