This dish is very gud to go with puris, chapathis, dosa or idlis...Its very easy and very popular in any parties or functions.We can also taste the cooked channa's plainly as a evening snacks.Its very rich in protein too....So, lets have a look into this energy rich dish...
White Channa - 1 cup soaked overnight
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Ginger-Garlic paster - 1 spoon
Chilli powder - 1 spoon
Coriander powder - 2 spoons
Turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
Garam masala - 1/2 spoon (Optional)
Coriander leaves - few
Cumin seeds - 1/2 spoon
Salt for taste
oil - 1 tbsp
- Drain the channa and pressure cook it with some salt (You can keep one or two whistle)
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds followed by onion and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Then add tomato and once it becomes soft add ginger-garlic paste and saute for few minutes.
- At this point add all the masala ingrdients and fry for few minutes.
- Once the masala gets cooked, add the cooked channa masala with required (little) water.
- Cover and cook for atleast 15 minutes, so that the channa will absorb the masala within it.
- Add chopped coriander leaves before you serve.
Tasty channa masala is now ready to go with your puris and chappatis.