Basmati rice - 1 1/2 cup
Onion (medium size) - 1
Green peas - 3/4 cup
Green chillies -3
Ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Cloves - 3
Cardamom - 2
Cinnamon stick - 1″
Bay leaves - 2
Cashew nuts - 1/4 cup
Coriander Leaves - a punch
Mint Leaves - a pinch
Oil - 2 tbsp
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a cooker and add cumin seeds,Coarsely ground cardamom,bay leaves, cinnamon and cloves together.
- Add mint and coriander leaves and fry for few minutes.
- Now add the onions and split green chillies and saute and then add ginger garlic paste.
- Now add soaked peas and cook for few mintues.
- When the peas are coated with masala add basmati rice and add enough water and salt and close the pan.
- Leave the cooker for two whistles and switch off the gas.
- Hot peas pulao is ready.
Garnish with coriander leaveas and serve this delicious peas pulao with any raita.