Plantain is one thing which is present in one form or another in any wedding in Tamilnadu. You would have noticed plantain tree inviting you in any wedding. The reason behind is that "Full-grown plantain is an Eternal tree of evergreen plenty for endless generations!". In South India banana leaves are used to serve food as it got some medical benefits in it. Eating food served in plantain leaf gives you a special taste.
Plantain - 2 nos
Ginet-Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chill powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Jeera - 1 tsp
Few Curry Leaves
- Cut plantain into small square pieces and keep it a side in salt water.
- Hear oil in a kadai and add jeera and curry leaves.
- Add ginger - garlic paste and stir for few mints.
- Now add chill, corinader and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Finally add cut plantain piece with salt and close the kadai with a lid.
- Mix it frequently until the plantain becomes soft.
Spicy plantain poriyal is ready to taste with curd, rasam and paruppu sadam.